Introduction to the proposed rules:
Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University is keen to promote scientific research in all theoretical and practical fields. The University provides financial support, and creates stimulating research environment for faculty members, lecturers, teaching assistants and students to conduct research in their areas of interest, per the University's established rules and regulations.
The Program of Research Project Funding after PublicationISI core collection or Scopus) is one of the significant supporting programs offered by the University for researchers in all disciplines.
The funded research project after publication:
An achievement that is based on recognized scientific foundations that is carried out by one or more faculty members, either individually, or in collaboration with one or more consultants, lecturers, teaching assistants and students, to serve one or more scientific disciplines which are of interest to the University. The achievement may be a theoretical work (research, investigation) which aims at contributing in the literature of the related field. Also, it may be an applied work made to obtain results to corroborate previous research to enrich the field that is being studied. This Program aims at funding projects after their publication ISI core collection or Scopus. The researcher applies for research project funding to the Deanship of Scientific Research through the research center of the college to which the researcher is affiliated. The funding is conditional upon the completion of the project and the submission of published papers agreed on in the contract between the two parties (the Principal Investigator and the Deanship of Scientific Research).
Accordingly, University-Funded Research Projects are classified as:
- Theoretical Research
- Applied research (Including laboratory and clinical research)
The research projects are divided in terms of duration and amounts spent on funding to:
- Small-Scale Projects:
- The project duration shall not exceed (12) months.
- The maximum allocated funds shall not exceed (40.000) SR.
- The minimum expected outcome of the research projects is publishing one scientific paper in ISI core collection or Scopus (excluding the journals indexed in ISI emerging Source). The findings of the paper shall be obtained from the research project.
- Medium-Scale Projects:
- The project duration shall not exceed (12) months.
- The maximum allocated funds shall not exceed (80,000) SR.
- The minimum expected outcome of the research project is publishing two scientific papers in in ISI core collection or Scopus (excluding the journals indexed in ISI emerging Source). The findings of these papers shall be obtained from the research project.
First: Research projects funding rules:
- The principal investigator shall be a faculty member at Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University when applying for funding and shall not be on a sabbatical leave, scientific contact or exceptional leave during the Contract period (if the faculty member is a contractor, a proof shall be enclosed showing that the faculty member will be on duty in the University for at least one whole year starting from the date of signing the contract).
- The principal investigator may not play the same role for more than one research project or research group throughout one year.
3. The project submitted for funding should not be derived from a scientific letter or book
4.The principal investigator shall sign an acknowledgment of the distinguished publishing in ISI & Scopus when applying for project funding. (excluding the journals indexed in ISI emerging Source), during the submission the funding request of the project.
5.After obtaining the approval of funding, the research team shall not make any major changes to the project, in particular (the project type, project subject, project methodological plan, project budget). Such changes may be possible if approved by The Permanent Committee for Following-up Research Projects Funding.
6.Should the research project not be completed on the set time, The Permanent Committee for Following-up Research Projects Funding, upon the principal investigator's justifications, may grant the researcher or the research team the additional time required to complete the project, not to exceed six months and not to entail any additional financial dues. This extension shall be granted only twice.
7.The researcher can extend the duration of the research by applying to the Deanship of Scientific Research at least thirty (30) days before the project completion date, including the following:
- A justification for the additional time required to complete the project, explaining what has been accomplished to the date of submitting the extension request.
- Steps required to complete the remaining parts of the research during the extension period. This shall not be valid without a written consent from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
8.Should the principal investigator leave the University before the completion of the funded research project, the principal investigator shall submit a report to the Deanship of Scientific Research with a request to assign an alternative researcher to be responsible for the project. After the report is presented to The Permanent Committee for Following-up Research Projects Funding, the Committee recommends as deemed appropriate.
9.Should the research project team not complete the basic research for any reason, the Council of the Deanship of Scientific Research, upon the recommendation by The Permanent Committee for Following-up Research Projects Funding, will follow one of the two options:
- Stop the research project and cancel the contract concluded with the Principal Investigator and refund the remaining financial allocations to the University's research budget.
- Complete the research project by delegating the role of the principle investigator to another member of the research group or to another researcher from outside the University. Consequently, the dues of the principal investigator are obtained by the alternative researcher.
10. The technical report It is required to submit after the end of the research project with the published researches according to the contract concluded as well as the bills of disbursement, After approval by the Deanship Council, the dues of the project shall be disbursed in one payment to the principal investigator according to the contract concluded between two parties.
Second: Conditions for accepting published research papers:
1.The published research papers shall be in the ISI/Scopus-indexed journals within high- impact factor, (excluding the journals indexed in ISI emerging Source).
2. The second party is committed to refer to the first party as a sponsor of the research project and It should be mentioned in the published research to Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University as follows:
Dapartment Name/college name/Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University
The role of the University in supporting published research should be noted in the research margin as follow:
This research project was funded by the Deanship of Scientific Research, Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University, through the Research Funding Program, Grant No ( XX- RFP-XXX)
3.The commitment to include the names of all the project's members who participated in the research when publishing the research papers . In case the consultant or researcher's assistant did not participate in the publishing process, a special acknowledgment of their efforts in achieving the research shall be written after acknowledging the Deanship.
4.Research papers that include acknowledgment to different parties in the University other than the Projects Funding Program in the Deanship of Scientific Research shall not be accepted.
5.25% of the fund will be deducted for each acknowledgment made for any external party other than Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University.
6.Adherence to the rules and ethics of scientific research.
7.The scientific research and inventions resulting from this joint cooperation under this contract, which will be published in the future, shall be the property of Princess Nourah bint Abdul Rahman University, with full scientific and legal responsibility by the researchers for the content they provide.
Third: Research project's financial regulations:
- The financial dues of the research projects shall be delivered in one phase after the adoption of the final report of the Deanship of Scientific Research Council based on the approved financial plan of the project and the submission of published researches in one of the scientific journals within a high- impact factor and indexed in ISI core collections or Scoups,(excluding the journals indexed in ISI emerging Source)
- The Principal Investigator (Second Party) undertakes to pay all financial dues to the members of the project according to the role of each member and after signing the contract between him and the Deanship of Scientific Research, all invoices related to the project, bills of disbursement and researchers' remuneration and all relevant documents should be submitted in accordance with the Scientific Research Regulations during the submission of the final report.
3.The remunerations of the research team shall be paid in accordance with Article (12) of the Unified Regulation of Scientific Research issued by the Council of Higher Education resolution which was endorsed by the Royal Order No. 7/b/4403 dated 2/4/1419 H