Transfer from a major to another within the University: It is an academic procedure developed by the University for a student when she is not able to complete her academic career in the major to which she is admitted. That is due to academic reasons, not in line with her tendencies or she has not met the conditions at the time of specialization.
Schedule for applications: A transfer application is submitted via a link (which is available only in the period specified in the university calendar) on the university website and applications will be accepted only through the link.
Controls of transfer from college to another:
- 1. Student must adhere to declared dates of transfer and no transfer application out of such defined period will be considered “the University calendar".
- 2. Student has the right to request transfer after completing (at least) one semester in the major to which she has been admitted.
- 3. Student has the right to practice a transfer one time during her academic path.
- 4. Applicants for transfer are selected based on the available seats and conditions of colleges.
- 5. Sorting is conducted according to the first desire then the second one based upon fulfillment of conditions.
- 6. In case of transfer for only one desired major, student must not register other desires.
- 7. Applications are sorted after completion of final tests and calculating cumulative grades.
- 8. Applying for transfer does not mean accepting the application.
- 9. Student must follow up her account to learn about the transfer implementation.
- 10. Pass personal interviews for majors that require so.
Students are not entitled to transfer if:
- 1. Transfer conditions for the required major are not fulfilled.
- 2. Student has not studied in the major she admitted to.
- 3. Student has not applied in the defined period.
- 4. Student is dismissed academically or disciplinarily.
- 5. Student is deregistered.
- 6. Student has completed the fourth level of bachelor or third level of diploma.
- 7. Student has previously transferred.
- 8. Student has transferred from outside the University.
- 9. Student has suspended her study.
Click here to view the transfer between colleges conditions.
Click here to view the within colleges transfer conditions.
Equivalency after internal transfer between colleges:
- 1. All hours studied by student shall be included in her cumulative grade.
- 2. University requirements (courses studied by all university students irrespective of the college) are equalized through the academic system automatically, and without the need for submitting an application by student.
- 3. Specialized courses studied by the student in her major that she transferred from are automatically equalized to their equivalent courses in the major to which she is transferred when such courses bear the same names and codes, or they are 4. equivalent to courses of the major to which she has transferred.
- 4. Additional courses and those different by name are equalized as provided by the Vice-Rectorate of Educational Affairs in the University.
- 5. A part of hours, which is not equalized in the new major, are calculated as free hours with the same number of free hours according to the student program to which she has transferred.
- 6. Transferred student must review her academic advisor in the new major in order to follow up on her equalized courses and register for suitable ones.
- 7. Student is fully responsible for completing graduation requirements according to the plan through which she has registered in the major she has transferred to it.
Statutory Period: Student`s semesters in her previous major are calculated from the statutory period required for graduation.
Honors Degree: Student`s failed courses prior to transfer are calculated when calculating honors degree.
Remunerations: Student`s stipend is calculated from the first semester in which she is admitted in the University according to remunerations system at the University.
For inquiry and contact
Phone: 0118243461, 0118243471
Address: Deanship of Admission and Registration, Al Narjes District (Airport Road), Administration Building, Southern Entrance (2), Parking No. (PO5).