1. Statutory Academic Period
It is the maximum period during which the student can stay at the university in order to complete graduation requirements. The Statutory Academic Period is to be calculated by adding the program period to the half of period in accordance with the following conditions:
- - Deferring, dropout and summer semester are not calculated within the statutory academic period.
- - Apology semesters are calculated within statutory academic period and internal transfer.
- - Visit semesters out of the university are calculated within statutory academic period.
- - Disciplinary dismissal semesters are calculated within the statutory academic period.
- - Each (15) hours will be calculated as a semester for the students transferred from outside the university.
Consequences of Statutory Academic Period Expiry
Based on the regulation of study and examinations in the Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University (PNU), a student who could not fulfill graduation requirements before expiry of her statutory academic period, will be dismissed and a statement of "academically dismissed for exceeding the statutory academic period" appears in her academic record.
The student, who is about to exceed the statutory academic period (in the last semester of the period), shall submit a request to the department for granting her an exceptional opportunity (a semester) in order to complete graduation requirements and follow up the application until a response is made.
|Colleges||Program duration||Statutory Academic Period|
|Bachelor||8 semesters||12 semesters|
|Pharmacy – Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (Major: Physiotherapy) ||12 semesters||18 semesters|
|Nursing||10 semesters||15 semesters|
|Diploma||4 semesters||6 semesters|
|Colleges of Annual Academic System||6 years||9 years|
2. Exceptional Opportunity:
A semester that is granted to a student who is academically dismissed for exceeding the statutory academic period in order to enable her to fulfil graduation requirements. Summer semester will not be calculated within the exceptional opportunity.
Conditions of Applying for an Exceptional Opportunity through (e-Portal):
- 1. Application must be in accordance with the dates announced in the university calendar.
- 2. The student that completed the statutory academic period has to be academically dismissed for exceeding the statutory academic period, and she has to request an exceptional opportunity to be able to fulfil graduation requirements.
- 3. The student must not be disciplinarily or academically dismissed (for low grade) or absence.
- 4. Submission of application does not imply that it will be approved and it will be submitted to the college council.
- 5. The student has no right to defer, apologize or dropout in the semester in which the opportunity is given to her.
- 6. The student, who is about to exceed the statutory academic period, must follow up with the academic advisor.
For Inquiry and Contact: